Thursday, July 14, 2011

Original vs Remake? Remaking a hit song can be 'hit or miss' sometimes...


Have you ever heard a song and it stays in your mind and you never knew it was a remade song.  Then you listen to the original and the remade version pales in comparison.  Or have you ever heard a remake and wondered to yourself why the artist ever tried to retouch, cover or even attempt to mess with a classic?  Sometimes remakes can be done really well, and other times, it is left up to interpretation.  It is a 'hit or miss' situation at times.  Sometimes the original is so classic that if you even try to touch it, it is an automatic fail.  Then other times, the remake may employ such an ingenious twist that it stands out on its own.  I decided to pick a few songs that came to mind and paired them up to the original to see what people's thoughts were.  Take a listen and see which do you prefer, the original, or the remake?



Ohio Players-'Heaven must be like this'


D'Angelo-'Heaven must be like this'


Dolly Parton-'I will always love you'


Whitney Houston-'I will always love you'


I couldn't decide, so you get DOUBLE Whitney





Rose Royce-'I'm going down'



Mary J. Blige-'I'm going down'


Willie Nelson-'Always on my mind'


Fantasia-'Always on my mind'


I couldn't decide again so you get DOUBLE FANTASIA this time!


Drake-'Marvin's Room'


JoJo-'Marvin's Room (Can't do better)



Prince-'Shhh(Break it down)'


Tevin Campbell-'Shhh(Break it down)'


Rose Royce-'Wishing on a star'


Beyonce-'Wishing on a star'


Sean Kingston-'Beautiful Girls'


JoJo-'Beautiful Girls'



Jodeci-'Come & talk to me'


Omarion-'Come &talk to me'


Stevie Wonder-'Lately'


Jodeci-'Lately'

No comments:

Post a Comment