Friday, July 15, 2011

Monica DROPS Lil' Kim FROM NEW SINGLE!??!!



Well, I posted Monica's new single 'Anything (To Find You)' feat. Rick Ross & Lil' Kim.  I liked the song, but I was just curious as to why they went with Kim for a verse and not say a more current rapper.  Well, apparently some people have been thinking the same thing.  But news just came that Lil'Kim has been axed from the project!  But the reason may not be what you think.



If you have heard the song, you may have heard a short verse from Kim.  Kim says it was part of 16 bars that was shortened to make room for Ricky Rozay.  But as of today, Kim is no longer on the track at all.  I found out the real reason for the axing.

Apparently there is an issue with The Notorious B.I.G's estate!  Portions of Kim's verse contains interpolations of work from Christopher Wallace.  Biggie's mother has the final say on whether the label can get clearance for the use of the verse, and Voletta Wallace revoked the right to the clearance!


So apparently all is not well between Kim & Ms. Wallace for her not to grant permission.  So as one more dominoe falls, if Ms. Wallace says 'no', then the label can't release the song as is, so TeamMonica has no choice but to either scrap the song completely or scrap the verse.  Seems like a no-brainer to me as to what path they would take.  I mean, personally the verse wasn't that great to fight over ANYWAYS!  Just saying...
I've heard Kim rap better is allI am saying.

Addressing the issue on Twitter, Monica explained:


"I am just finding out what has happened to my single and myself & Missy are beyond hurt that @LilKim was removed. She’s our friend, a legend & @LilKim will get the respect she deserves at all cost. The clearance was revoked & I’m fighting to get it reinstated by the Biggie Estate.
I am as thorough as they come and I LOVE @LilKim bottom line is Ms Wallace has the final say and she said No. If we put it out we get SUED."

So there u have it!  Straight from the source!  Don't you just love Twitter!?  It is a GREAT sounding board to get matters out in the open, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment