Saturday, July 9, 2011

Monica readies new album!! Officially WEDS today in Los Angeles!




Monica with the official wedding going on today in Los Angeles, has been a busy woman.
 

Marriage, family, but always keeping work as a top priority in her life, the artist speaks on finishing up a new album due out this fall.  The disc is tentatively entitled 'New Life'.
While the album is tentatively scheduled for an October 4th release, she talks about the process of single selection and the album date:


“The label [J Records] has asked me, do I want to take an October 4 date,” Monica told fans during a Ustream session. “Over the next month I’ll decide because as of right now, we’re pressing up the new single and trying to get some clearances which are very difficult, so if anything changes it will only be because of that. We’re working on it and I’m thinking that I will keep that October 4 date.”

Talking about the music, she says that being married to Shannon Brown has left her in a happy place:

“You get to hear some different flavors, but it’s definitely R&B,” she shared. “I think when you’re in a happy place, you’re able to do your job a lot easier.”

She would then says..

“I talk about a lot of different subjects, whether it’s love, heartache, happiness, family,” she added. “The music will be a lot like Still Standing in the sense that it’s real and really about things that I’ve experienced, but it also from a very mature place. The greatest thing that happened to me is to learn forgiveness and acceptance. In this state of mind it’s easy for me to make music about where I’ve been and where I’m going and do it in a positive manner.”

With the success of  what some have titled her 'comeback' cd 'Still Standing', it will be interesting to see what Monica will give her legions of fans this time around.

Until then here is a taste of the NEW Monica.  It is unclear if this track will appear on the new disc, but recently Mo dropped a new single entitled, 'Anything (To Find You)', which features Rick Ross, Missy & Lil' Kim.  The song is produced by Missy Misdemeanor Elliot and features some of her patent ad-lib vocals & shout-outs... TAKE A LISTEN!





Seems like MONICA is off to a good start!!!

THOUGHTS!!!!??????

No comments:

Post a Comment