Friday, April 22, 2011

'Now & Then': Da' Brat comes back with a VENGEANCE!




Da' Brat is back and she is coming with a vengeance. Since her release from jail, Brat has been on her grind releasing track after track, leading up to her mixtape that will be released soon. Listening to Brat's new offerings, its clear that she has been missed in the rap game. Da' Brat reminds us of how great an emcee she is flowing over tracks like Chris Brown's 'Look at me Now'. And on every song she's dropped since her release, she absolutely RIPS them to shreds--in a good way. Take a listen and see for yourself....




*Look at me Now-remix- Da' Brat & J.D.*


Recently, Da' Brat expressed her concerns on the lack of femcees in the game these days.
This is what Da' Brat had to say:
“I like Nicki Minaj, I just feel like, where is everybody else at? And why are the labels not putting money behind them? ‘Why?’ is my question. What’s the problem? Because that’s what the industry is missing, the female MCs. So I don’t understand what the problem is. Eve got lyrics. Trina got lyrics. I haven’t heard Kim in a minute but Kim is Kim, Kim got lyrics. I don’t know if Foxy still doing her thing but I heard she got some mixtapes out, like where is everybody? MC Lyte definitely still doing her thing but right now because the industry is so messed up, she’s doing radio, she’s the president of some company now, but I just thing that’s missing, female MC’s are missing.








I love what Nicki Minaj is doing, it’s almost like she’s opening doors for us again and I appreciate that. It ain’t enough female Mc’s for us to hate on each other. I hate that, don’t do that because the few we got, you’re going to eliminate them, then we’re going to be back at square one, so I applaud Nicki Minaj. I want to do some work with her and bring in whoever else we can bring in, and Eve working on her album and some new ones that’s coming out, I’ll try to help them out. We got to help each other. It’s a male dominate[d] field, so we gotta do our thing together.”



This would be great, if it actually would come together. I hope Brat can make this happen. This is what the game needs now. Now let's take a look back at some CLASSIC Brat.

No comments:

Post a Comment