Thursday, April 28, 2011

WTF Moment: "Soulja boi & Diamond sittin' in a tree......??"

Well, I was not going to say anything about this 'news', because I tag that this as ATL NEWS, meaning, not too many people checking for this... just local.  But since everybody, and when I say everybody, I mean ATL media has been talking about it, I am going to just give it a little bit of attention.  Anyone from or affiliated with Atlanta knows that rapper Lil' Scrappy and former 'Crime Mob' femcee, Diamond have been an 'item' on and off for years.  At one point I do believe they were even engaged.


Okay, fast forward to 2011, it appears that the two or on the outs again.  SO recently at any ATL event. Diamond & Soulja Boi were seen canoodling.  The two looked like quite taken with each other.






So apparently, Diamond has moved on.  But that's just the tip of the iceberg.
 Lil' Scrappy's mom obviously  didn't take the break-up too well and took to the radio to voice her level of discontent:

"Okay, the b***h done got breast implants and booty shots, the b***h ain’t real first of all. Secondly, Soulja boy is gonna come behind him anyway.

So at the end of the day Scrappy is chilling, he’s fine, he’s the Prince of the South and he got it good. He’s living good and he ain’t thinking about that b***h…dirty low down b***h.

She [Diamond] lied like a motherf*cker! Called Scrappy back, talmbout ‘I was just hanging out with him’.
Whoooo! I wanna put my hand round that b*tch throat."

But then, just a few days later, it seems that 'Momma D' had a change of heart, and had this to say:

This is what 'Momma D'  had to say when she called into an Atlanta radio station.
"Hello, this Mama D. Hi… as far as I know, I just found out the the indication about Diamond may not be true and I wanted to call and apologize for venting. I was just trying to protect my son and Diamond knows I love her like a daughter…"

Wow, what a difference a day makes.  I can understand the instinct of most mothers is to protect the well being of their child, first and foremost.  So she may have reacted on that instinct.  But lately, it seems like celebs mothers are getting extra 'gangsta' these days.  Waka Flocka's mom, Deb, is known to get quite involved in her son's 'affairs' as well as Lebron James' mom.  Maybe the mothers need to just chill out, reap the success of their offspring,shop and enjoy the fame?
Lil' Scrappy seemed to take the 'high road' as if the whole incident didn't really phase him.



Scrappy went on the radio to discuss his side of things:

"Y’all just gotta chill out…. at the end of the day when two people like each other, it ain’t nothing you can do about it.
I’ve been kickin it with her for a minute and we both been openly dating.
Shawty gotta get her money! Ya feel me. And however Shawty gotta get her money she gotta get it. And Shawty is Young. She gotta get it. The world can’t judge her, just like they can’t judge me.
But when he kissed her…in those pictures you saw on the web. Well… I don’t know what to say.
But from what I heard it wasn’t nothing…"

My take on the matter.  Although this is local NON-NEWS, I think that if Diamond wanted to 'hang' out with Soulja Boi, she probably should've not been so obvious and blatant about it.  Whether we like it or not, females are held to a different standard than men.  That's just how it is.  If a man did the same thing, it'd be accepted.  He'd be looked as as a 'player' or a 'gee'.  But females just can't have too many suitors, or engage in certain acts because they will be looked at as a 'groupie' or 'ho'. 
Although if you fall out of love and want to move on, that's fine.  Everybody has that right.  But it's not like Soulja nor Scrappy or burning up the Top 100 Billboard charts or making major noise in mainstream media, so going from Scrappy to Soulja Boi was just a lateral move.  She didn't 'up her game', so to speak, she just got some un-do attention that she probably didn't bargain on.  At the end of the day, WHO CARES!? lol
Do what works for you.  The whole ordeal seems comical, even, but hey, that's Atlanta for ya....  I'm just saying.....

No comments:

Post a Comment