Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"50 Cent: The Origin of Me": The rapper traces his roots back to South Carolina



VH1 Rock Doc “50 Cent: The Origin of Me, chronicles, rapper, mogul, actor Curtis Jackson as he traces the roots to his past.  Curtis "50-Cent" Jackson treks to Edgefield, South Carolina to find the origins of who he is, and how the life of his ancestors parallels his life today. 

“It feels good for me to learn more about my actual history. A lot of people don’t know, but I’m adopted. Yeah, my grandmother adopted me after my mother passed away. So she’s like my legal guardian. My grandparents were from out here, so the last time I was out here I was like six years old.”








 
Pretty intense moving documentary.  50 Cent may come off brash and a bit annoying at times, but this documentary shows a different side to the rapper.  He proves that you can never truly know who you are until you discover where you are from.
 
For the full episode visit vh1.com

No comments:

Post a Comment