Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cher comes to terms with Chaz Bono's SEX CHANGE!



It's known that legendary singer/actress Cher had some difficulty accepting her child's decision to have  gender reassignment surgery.  Chaz Bono speaks out about his journey to be who he always thought he was, and how his celebrity mom feels now.  Chaz believes his famous mom's reluctance may have been a "generational thing" and that she was not only shocked by his decision but also surprised at how quickly others adapted to it.


"I think she was surprised. I think she didn't expect people to be able to handle it as well as they have," Chaz said. "I really thought that we had come farther than I think my mom did. I think that's probably just a generational thing."

Chaz also talked about his relationship with longtime girlfriend, Jennifer Elia.

"We've been engaged for about two years now," Chaz said. "So when all this stuff started happening and Jen was in grad school and I had started my transition, we had to table it for a while. So we'll get back into it."



The 42 year-old activist is promoting her book "Transition" and her documentary " Becoming Chaz" on Oprah's OWN network.

No comments:

Post a Comment