Friday, June 3, 2011

R&B singer Miguel professes---"I Love WOMEN." The many LOOKS of Miguel!

Miguel singer


R&B singer/songwriter Miguel has one of the summer bangers that's warming up the charts as we speak.  'Sure Thing' hit number one on Billboard's Hip-&R&B charts, before it was 'manhandled', down a few pegs by Kelly Rowland's colossal hit 'Motivation'.  Nonetheless, Miguel is definitely a star on the rise.  And with any rising male star, the usual coarse of the way up is to ask that age old question, "Is he gay or straight?"  It seems these days the media and the like are all super consumed with who is sleeping with whom, and what artists are secretly gay, or bisexual 'TRY-sexual'.  That seems to be a hot 'button' to push these days.  Particularly with today's styles and trends for men to be more metrosexual-like in nature.  Men are embracing style and fashion more these days.  Men are experimenting in more colors and prints and fabrics that some may deem to be more of a 'female thing'.  Even more than ever, celebs, sports figures and the like are carefully under the watchful eye of the public to see if they demonstrate any quality of being 'gay'.  Nowadays  around every corner there is a camera or cell phone that can snap a picture or record you in a compromising outfit or compromising situation that may make you look gay.  And people are quick to want to speak on it. 

The question of sexuality was posed to the young singer recently while he was doing some promo shows in Atlanta and this is what Miguel had to say on the issue:

"At this point, what I will say is that we really do have the tools at our disposal to broaden our horizons...


At this point, I’ve embraced a lot of worldly cultural and I made it a part of who I am. People who are here who have not done that may look at my choices artistically, how I express myself visually and ecstatically as questionable, especially to my sexuality. Whereas, people who have traveled or who have done the same, it’s not questionable at all [to them].


I think it’s really a question as to whether or not you’re ignorant to what else is out there or not. I don’t say that in anyway to offend anyone, I’m just saying if you don’t understand you got to catch up. We’re flying. For anyone that questions my sexuality, the honest truth is “I love women. I’ve always only loved women. That’s it.” And women kind of like me too, so it kind of works."






So there you have it! To put the speculation, innuendo & rumors 'to bed', Miguel says he LOVES women and they kinda like him too.  You have heard it from the source, so stop bothering this guy because he likes to wear clothes that fit and neck wear, and scarves and futuristic glasses and the like.  Maybe his neck gets cold and he is protecting his 'bread and butter' by covering it with beautiful, colorful scarves and such.  Artists can get away with wearing and doing certain things that normal people can not.  There have been many artists before him that have unique, almost eclectic fashion sense, so Miguel is no different.  Focus on the talent, and not the wardrobe is what I say.  He has one of the HOTTEST records in the country right now, so of course more focus is going to be put on him.  They say if people start talking about you, you must have arrived.  I guess Miguel has arrived. 


Other stars that live by their own rules!! No Slaves to fashion nor trends: They Made TRENDS!





No comments:

Post a Comment